photo header.png

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

President's Day and Teeth

My gussy!  Is everyone else feeling as harried as I am these days?  Between work, getting my girls here and there, an upcoming wedding for my sister-in-law, and working on National Board certification, I may be officially losing my mind.  You know the lose your mind and not even care that you're losing your mind frame of mind?  Yep!  That's starting to be me more these days than not.  And to quote my youngest child, "Ain't nobody got time for that!" Hehe!  I don't know where she heard/saw it but it's hilarious when she says it.  

And now we're going to take a short break for a little mommy bragging.  This is Maddie. She's 12 going on 25. This pic is from Valentine's Day and her on her way to her very first dance.  Sigh.... where does the time go? And... I've got to throw in a video of her doing her floor routine at her gymnastics competition this past weekend.  She totally rocks that floor!  I love watching her compete but I get sooooo nervous.


 In the classroom we've been learning about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.  Here's a chart we did to put facts under the president that they pertained to. 



 Using what we learned about each president, students were able to write about Washington or Lincoln.  Look at this sweetie's writing.   

 "Abraham Lincoln is the first president that has a beard."  She is definitely using her invented spelling which I love to see students do because I know they've been stretching those words out like I've been teaching them to do.  My assistant and I absolutely adored this little drawing.  


Right now we are learning all about good dental hygiene.  I don't have everything ready to post yet but here's an "I Have...Who Has...?" number edition freebie.  Just click here or the picture below.  















2 comments:

  1. OMG! I totally did gymnastics from like age 12 through high school! What level is she? It kind of looks like my old level 5 routine back in the day!!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video! Brought back all my gymnastics days of both competing and coaching. She did an amazing job. You should def. be a proud mama! Thanks for the freebie. It is a skill we really are working hard on right now. These little ones are just struggling with numbers this year and I'm practicing them in every form possible and with every engaging activity I can find.

    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete