photo header.png

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

More of My Candy Theme

Hey ya'll!  Besides finding the candy theme plates and cupcake liners at Hobby Lobby awhile back, I have not had any luck finding anything to go with my candy theme.  So today I got busy and made my behavior chart for next year.  Last year we "floated boats".  This year we'll just move our little gumball machines.  I don't have a cute rhyme for it. :(  Sorry about the picture being blurry.  I had to use my phone to take it.  And I don't know what's up with the black edge. 


Everyone will start the day out with their gumball machine on green (and hopefully stay there).  Don't I wish?!?  Yellow's a warning.  Orange loses some recess time.  Red is a note home.  This doesn't happen very often.  Thank goodness.  Knocking on wood now after writing that.  I thought about adding blue and purple for them to move up to for random acts of kindess and such but I'm not sure that my 4s and 5s won't get confused by that. Do any of you that teach K use those clipcharts that move up as well with your kiddos?  If so does it work well with them?  


Here's a closeup of their little gumball machines glued onto clothespins.  They were not fun to cut out.  I didn't even attempt to cut around that little blue star at the top.  I would've chopped it right off!  My hand is just not that steady.

I'm heading downstairs to watch the DVR.  I'm thinking lots of Toddlers and Tiaras were recording earlier today plus a new one I believe. I don't know why but I love watching it.  Maybe it makes me feel like a really, really, really sane mom after watching some of the moms on there.  I will however not be watching Real World tonight.  Nor did I get to watch the full episode of Teen Mom last night! I'm one of those lucky DirecTv customers that has lost MTV while this whole Viacom situation goes on and I'm NOT happy about it! 

9 comments:

  1. THIS IS SO CUTE. Sorry about the caps, but it is TOTALLY warranted! I'm doing a Wizard of Oz theme, and have yet to settle on a behavior chart. The obvious choice is rainbow, but... this gives me an idea -- my kiddos are already known as my munchkins/the lollipop guild, so maybe lollipops?

    At any rate, LOVE this!

    Sarah
    There's No Place Like Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! You are very creative!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  3. A candy theme is right up my alley!! Great ideas :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I teach K and have used a clip chart with preK and K. I do use the higher options. My higher kids really strive to get to the top for an extra reward! My main rule is that I have to catch them going above and beyond. They can't tell me they did something to move up!

    Cathy I.
    mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com
    Mrs. I's Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Cute. I love the idea of the candies and the gumball machines :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! I nominated you for an award. Visit my blog to get it!

    ReplyDelete