photo header.png

Monday, March 11, 2013

Leprechaun Loot


I've been playing this with some of my sweeties to work on mastering these sight words.  It's cheap and easy and they LOVE it!  The silver pots are from the Dollar Tree and came in a pack of 3 or 4.  Can't remember for sure.  The tape is green electrical tape and is just taped on the pot.  Then I just write down the words I want to focus on.  I tell them to close their eyes.  (For some reason this makes everything fun to them.)  While their eyes are closed, I slip the leprechaun coin under a pot.  They open their eyes and I slide the pots around on the tray.  They take turns reading a word off of a pot and turning the pot over to see if they can find the leprechaun's loot.  If they can't read the word correctly, they don't get to look under the pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment